Established in 2000, the flood and disaster mitigation
research team of Institute of Mechanics consists of many exprienced research experts in the field of hydraulics, hydrology and environment. Some leading scientists such as:
1.Prof. Ph. D. Van Diep Nguyen
2.Prof. Ph. D. Huy Can Ngo
3.Assoc. Prof. Ph. D. Van Lai Hoang
4.Assoc. Prof. Ph. D. Hien ha Ngoc
5.Ph. D. Chinh Kien Nguyen
6.Ph. D. Tien Cuong Nguyen
7.Assoc. Prof. Ph. D. Thu Ha Tran
8.BSc. Tuan Anh nguen
9.BSc. Thanh Huong Nguyen
10. Pre.Ph. D. Hong Phong Nguyen
Many hydrology and hydraulic models have built, tested and developed by the reseach team. The team also have participated in many domestic and foreign projects and published many scientific publications in prestigious domestic and foreign journals.
ImechSoftware is a software system consisting of general operating software and 10 software listed as below:
1. Imech1D: The model is developed basing on the 4-point Preissmann for 1-way shallow water equations in Fortran and C# languages associated with GIS, dissolve material transfer modules,...
2. Imech2D: The model is developed basing on finite block method, using nonstructured grids with a variety of scheme options (Intergrate scheme; HLL scheme; Roe solver scheme with fix entropi). The software is built in the Fortran and C#languages, attached to GIS, Grid-splitting modules, Dissolve material transfer modules and is paralleled on CPUs and GPUs,...
- The ImechTV1 distribution hydrology model, in C# language, is based on the Nielsen-Hansen theory (used in Mike Nam), improved by using six optimal parameter estimation methods and tested with all major basins nationwide. The model uses advanced parallel computing techniques that helps calculate 10 times faster, multiple algorithms tests in different basins to make the forecasting process better because it is possible to apply advantages and disadvantages of each method to a specific basin.
- The ImechTV2 distribution hydrology model is developed according to 2 approaches: Approache 1 is to improve the parameter of Marine distributed hydrology model by adding rain assignment method for each grid, raising the flow direction to 8, automatically handling GIS (no need to use GIS software such as ArcView – Fill DEM, Flow Direction, Flow Accumulation), automatically calibrating the parameters by 06 optimal estimation methods, parallel calculating that reduces the calculation time of smoothly dividing grid cells, ...; Approach 2 is to use the finite block method for solving the full 2D Saint Venant shallow water equation (Marine model only uses the simple assumption that grid velocity is the function of water level), this solution is similar to the IMECH-2D hydraulic model with the addition of Green Ampt permeability treatment function. In addition, the same improvements like approach 1.
5. ImechDTH: The reservoir opreration model's method is based on the reservoir balance equation combined with volume-water level correction. To improve the accuracy of water level calculation in flood forecast in hydroelectric lakes, 06 methods of estimating optimal parameters are used.
6. ImechANN: The artificial neural network model bases on a deep learning model is LSTM in recurrent neural network type; This model have retested with basins, that hydrology and hydraulic models performed, gives good results.
7. ImechSPH: Gridless 1-2 D model. The SPH gridless method divides the computing structure into a group of elemental (particle) nodes. Each element node is represented by location, mass, velocity, stress... Each particle has one area of its influence on other particles. This effect of the particle on other particles is expressed by a bell-shaped mathematical function. The degree of impact depends on the distance from that particle to the considerating particle. The impact is the strongest at the center and zero at the border of the affected area.
8. ImechTools: The support toolkit built on a GUI platform that makes it easy for users to manipulate on a huge amount of data. the toolkit includes: 2-3D unstructured meshing software under various conditions for hydraulic problems; Thiessen polygonal partitioning software; software showing 2-3D results in video form; software extracts the results of IMECH models according to the optional criteria...
9. ImechDatabase: is built on data collected from a variety of sources, in various forms including national and international measurement stations (national stations + local stations) from 1999 to 2019, then processed according to the database's input data structure. Hydrology and hydraulic database: Set up a website with rain data, water level of the measurement station system in Vietnam and reservoir data of some large reservoirs in the North such as Son La, Hoa Binh, Lai Chau,...
10. ImechWeb: Online referral and forecasting portal. For forecasting problems, it is often delayed because the calculation time of the model is quite long, difficult to assess the overview by the way information is transmitted (newsletters are tables, strings of numbers by form). Leveraging the rapid calculation of the resuscitation artificial neural network and the visualization of the WebGis system, the IMECH-Online hydraulic forecasting system is built to support those processes.
Following the 3-storey architecture of WebGis, IMECH-Online has been built an online forecasting system with diagrams as shown below. However, in addition to the standard layers, the model is built with a computing core that is the "next artificial neural network" module. Data communications coordinate according to specific needs when calculating or querying data or displaying GIS maps.
Development of Orientation
The IMECH softwares were built and developed many years ago; has achieved many application results that are projects, topics, articles, prestigious scientific works at home and abroad. However, at present, these softwares are still separate, academic tools, not suitable for ordinary users (without deep professional knowledge) apply to many different problems in practice. The input data still follows the default patterns set by the scientist, so it is difficult to prepare input with data collected from many sources in practice.
Our aim is to create an unified software set that integrates data preparation tools so that users can quickly apply to their research.
Our goal is to gradually merge the software with support tools into a complete set to provide online computing or consulting services.
About products: Developing product diversification. Priority is given to the development of traditional products that have affirmed market share and highly technological and technical products. Research and development of new products to suit the needs of customers.
Market: Step up marketing activities to promote our brand and products in the market. Good implementation of quality policies for customers to maintain and develop brand and market share. Promote all resources, promote foreign affairs, joint ventures, and links with partners.
About science and technology: Regularly updating, researching and applying scientific and technological advances in the world.